Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Taking the day

I'm taking the day to just let last night's monumental results sink in. Amid the daily stuff of preparing math lessons, drying another load of clothes, putting away dishes and worrying about the thinness of my wallet, I find myself stopping to smile, to tear up, to remember some of the most amazing words I've heard from a politician.

I don't think there will be a more important election in my lifetime. I will not forget the images from last night and the pride on all the faces in the crowd. Whether you supported Barack Obama or not, last night was historic and has changed the history of America.

Oh look at me, getting all Olbermann on you here. So I'll hush up and get back to making my lentil soup. But really, let's all take the day to reflect on this. What a difference 24 hours can make.

3 comments:

Miss Healthypants said...

Hooray!!!!!!!!!! *smiles*

Anonymous said...

I waited till the last minute to make my choice and I voted for Obama. As I sat and watched all the news coverage last night I started to feel that I had made the right choice. I stayed up to watch the speaches and after listening to our new President I actually teared up because I knew I had done the right thing in casting my vote for him. He is truely an amazing man and I now have so much more hope for our nation. The change we need in this country is on it's way! I too am very happy today and smiling a lot.

Forsythia said...

I supported Obama since last May, when my childhoos best friend and probably the smartest person in our high school graduating class, made a very convincing case for him. We don't keep in touch that much, but I'll bet she's worn out from volunteering but dancing for joy along with the rest of us. What a day!