Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy Friday - oh, are those nachos?

Happy Friday to you all. Today is more of a lavender color, rather than blue. But the color I have in mind today is green - guacamole green, to be precise. I heart guacamole, big time. I like it in all versions; chunky, smooth, with tomatoes, without onions, spicy or subtle. Mash up some avocado, add a few spices, and I'm happy.

With hopes of guacamole in my mind, I'll share a recipe for guacamole salad written by my fav, Ina Garten. Getting the ingredients from the grocery store just might convince me to abandon my shut-in status and grab my coat.

Where I live, avocados are never in season, so I'll have to break my "buy it local" credo, but good guacamole is sooooooo worth it.

2 comments:

Sling said...

Avocados are the food of the gods!..
Anything that stems from them is therefore,ambrosia.
Nothing like a perfectly softened California avocado the size of your fist to make you say "Hell Yes!"

Br. Jonathan said...

I just saw Nigella Lawson make "Rocamole" - - Mashed avacados with rocquefort cheese (and scallions and lime juice).

I don't know. . . sounds a bit "much" to me.

I once tried to be creative by making "guacabouli": Tabouli with chunks of avacodo and cilantro instead of parsley. . . .
Hint: Don't do that.