Monday, April 21, 2008

Random Recipe Monday - Southwest Chop Salad

Today is one of those "I have so many thoughts swimming around my brain for posts, I can't decide which to write about" days. I will eventually frame them up this week; the topics range from adults who suffer from being way too precocious, the possibility of a new Great Depression, training for cooking contests, and aging. Whew. That's a lot of inspiration to come while waiting for an oil change. But I digress. Today is random recipe Monday and I just ate a really great chop salad from the local taco joint, Taco Time. This west coast chain prides itself on fresh, healthy ingredients and I was pleasantly surprised by how great the chop salad was for only 200 calories or so. Roasted corn salsa, grilled chicken, chopped veggies, with a ranch sour cream dressing (that added more cals, but heck, I love me some ranch). It was delish and hit the spot.

Well, I don't have their secret formula, but I found an interesting version here. I'm going to omit the cheese and add black beans to my version, maybe some chopped cabbage or carrot to round it out.

So, even though it is freezing (quite literally) here in the lovely Puget Sound area today, enjoy a little Southwest heat.

No comments: