Friday, February 15, 2008

Chore Wars

This might only be hysterical to those of us who play online games, but I stumbled onto a site that encourages household chores with MMORPG rewards (think Everquest, World of Warcraft, yadda yadda yadda). It's called Chore Wars. Of course, the idea is predicated on the belief that people will be motivated to complete tasks if they are given imaginary shiny rewards like a +4 spatula, a golden plunger, etc. And of course, those of us who play those games have proven how eager we are to do just that.

For those of you who are similarly motivated, check it out.

Hey, if it gets the toilet clean, I'm all for it. If you want to join the Nostalgic Homemaking party, here's an invite. Watch out for attacking dust bunnies.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Poo, the link expired. Although I don't know if this is such a good idea for me. I've never done the online gaming stuff but my addiction to Sims2 tells me that I could get sucked in pretty easily. Although a golden plunger...